Sunday, December 17, 2006

Youth teams

We cannot alwas get wat we want juz by desire alone. After so much high hopes we onli got fourth,doing horrendously on e final day. Man,it realli suxs. Guess it would not be moralli ethical n sporting to blame it on any one in e team as all of us did make mistakes throughout e whole competition. it juz happened tat some of us make critical mistakes in more crucial moements.
we entered into e finals easily. i almoz did a very beautiful 4H doubled endplay in trumps with my opponents having 5 of my trumps. But my spot cards were not good enuff n had to rely on a defensive error to make it. Y am i bringing this deal when there r so many deals? i guess coz i noe my own std n noe i have dropped a lot from my previous form. Getting to e finals even was mainly due to e lower std of playing field. I think tat board represented very clearly how e first 2 days went-relying on opp's mistakes rather than brilliance n constructive defensive imagination. On my side,my team also had little luck juz like in tat board with a 5-0 break. But i do admit i was still v happy making tat contract.(act cool for a little while b4 continueing this blog).
3rd day was e finals with onli 4 teams in it. i was mentalli prepared for tat day n sharpen my self with sufficient sleep n warming up in my mind. But some things r probably fated. It does not look good tat our opponents managed to bid a anti percentage grand slam n make it on our v first board. But credit to Yonghao who was not discouraged by it n continued playing normalli. One thing i muz express out is tat i am very proud to play with yonghao. I think style n pose realli defines a bridge lifestyle n he is totalli cool in bridge. Whether we get a good or bad board, we will alwas act like it is juz another game n continue with e next board. Discussions will onli be carried out after e game.
But sadly still, we found our team losing badly by 40+ imps due to a few undesirable happenings at e other side plus a underbidding by me. Haiz. i still remmebering refuse to give up n yet with every board nuthing could be done. E 2nd half was too hard for us to fight back. But i muz admit i was totalli enjoying myself desperately trying to cr8 swings by bidding overly aggressively. Is something rare which i hardly find myself in such a position. Perhaps should play 24 board knocked out more often. then got excuse to bid like a beast n psyche like a riot.
end of day a song describes how we played at e 2nd half:"i tried so hard,n got so far...but in e end it doesn't even matter."

Disappointing, disappointment n disappoint.

No comments: