Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Birthday in Paris

after Nice, e stay in France for e 3rd week was more or less casual n relaxing. Evry while boring has cheap food in the neighbourhood areas. despite winning a little cash in Nice, the reality still hits in that i have spent a little to much in one of e most expensive cities in the world.
On the day i rushed back to INT from Nice,i barely made it on time for lessons. the ride back was rather long,n i was in e same train with a french family who was well brought up. The daughter was super chio n i tried to have conversation with her,but was rather limited,coz i onli noe a bit of french sentences. i reached INT by 930 sharp. Of coz, i did not have time to put my luggage back in my room n went straight for class. it was a little embarrassing to be seen in such a mess with my dirty clothes in the plastic bag, But every1 was too caught up with e interesting lessons to notice. Lesson was on wine appreciation n we got to taste different wine n learn how to drink it in a refined manner. the ham from burgundy was good too,n i put it in a pastry to make it simulate char siew pao. i skipped lunch tat day as i super sleepy from having rushed back from Nice.
e rest of e week i realli lobo n do nuthing. which is not much left coz weekends n a day is alreadi planned by e sch. independence day fell on this week. so needless to say, e americans gathered on tat day. e VT students have alwas been so happening n it was yet another day whereby they stayed overnight drinking till the next day.
But independence day is independence day. e moz memorable day,even for e whole holidays was....my bday. yes,6th july falls on this week too, n i was so happy juz to spend my birthday in Paris. To make things better, it turned out that my S'porean friends actualli knew it was my bdae! soon every1 in e exchange programme knew n many sweet things was done for me. I love them man n i felt so loved! Vanessa n gang was e sweetest as they juz appeared out of nowhere n sang e birthday song for me in front of e pple ard me! i was impaled n shackled at e same time but i was blushing. then one of them get e whole french class to sing for me too in french class. i got a few gifts too,while simple, was enuff to make me blush n remember it for life. In e end, wat shawn said was true...it is good to have ur bdae in paris..so much special attention. Thanks, Shawn,Wei Shiong, gabriel, Mike, Ava n most of all, Vanessa n gang! i will remember this bdae for life! n oh ..btw later i realised tat while i did not tell them abt it, they knew abt my bdate coz of my particulars b in NTU.`
Oh btw, vanessa was in my opinion e moz attractive gal in e whole programme, with her looks onli losing to marie n natalie,2 hawaian gals hu have this homely sweet looks. But vanessa standso ut from e rest with her poositive n active lifestyle. e wit she showed is similar to her 2 other friends...which is probably y they 3 r alwas together. I got to noe her on a bus ride back to sch when INT brough us back from e effiel tower. i was drunk at tat time as well.
tat weekend we went to oyster farm n saint michel for excursion, n it was not bad. i enjoyed e oysters a lot.

No comments: